Friday, March 21, 2008

Ten Years!

Today is our Tenth Wedding Anniversary! Yahoooooo! It has gone by sooooo quickly. I'd do it all over a hundred times. My mom reminded me the other day that after we broke up the second time I told her I felt like I had just lost a million dollars. Boy, was that an understatement! Jimmy is worth far more than that. I had no idea just how much of a jewel I was getting when I said "I do" ten years ago.

When I was making the kids their smoothie this morning I found a sweet card in the refridgerator and my present - three YUMMY Oreo cookies dipped in half chocolate, half mint (my favortie combo). They were absolutely deeeeelicious. I told him it was my best present yet. No diamonds for this girl - I'm all about dessert. :) (hey to Andrea, my favorite dessert-maker, who really knows how to make a gal feel loved...)

In June we'll head to Isle Mujeres, Mexico to celebrate while Mimi, Aunt Stephanie, and her three girls take their first trip to Bailey, Colorado to watch our children. But today we celebrated by heading to the Denver Zoo with the kids and then we went out for dinner. It was nice and warm out (well, not to Jimmy :) and we all had a really great time.





4 comments:

Carole Turner said...

Very nice. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Donna, I'm so sorry I missed your anni. (I've had my head in the sand for awhile.)

Congrats! Sounds like our kinda fun. :)

B said...

Donna, I know we have never met (I'm friends w/ Wade and Sondra....Betsy in the know-it-alls). I just wanted to tell you that what you wrote here on this post was just about one of the sweetest things I've ever read. I keep re-reading it. I read it outloud to my husband and dad, and had to stop b/c I got the lump in my throat! Thank you for writing it and for being a wife who knows how to tell your man that he's amazing!

Donna said...

Oh my goodness, Betsy... thank you! It was very kind of you to say that.

It truly is very easy to say these types of things about my husband. He is "like an apple tree among the trees of the forest." :)

Thanks for visiting our blog!

-Donna