Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Boulder Girls' Weekend

This past weekend one of my very best friends, Andrea, came to visit me! We had a little Girls' Weekend from Friday to Sunday in Boulder and I had the most fabulous time. I'd say the highlight of the weekend was uninterrupted conversation with Andrea while dining on exquisite cuisine. Yum-o-la. Everything from some rock'n biscuits and gravy to a hummus wrap with fresh carrot/celery/lime/blue algae juice to my multiple visits to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.

A huge THANK YOU to our amazing husbands for letting us go! It was the first time Jimmy had all six children, and he even took them swimming at a local ranch with some families from our church! I was very impressed!
A few pics...

On our way to Boulder! Yahooooooo! (in my husband's 4x4 Dodge Ram 3/4 ton diesel truck... not the smoothest ride for such sophisticated girls like us... :\

Yum-o-la!


Look at that manicure!! Andrea found this place, and it was amazing. It had a big-screen TV, huge lounge chairs to relax in, and two huge jars of FREE plain and peanut M&Ms!! All to indulge while getting your nails done. Brilliant business idea, we both thought.

The biggest and best biscuit ever!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too much fun!!!
Love, A

Anonymous said...

I am jealous in a sinful way.

Anonymous said...

Well, maybe not, but REALLY happy you got to do that!

Anonymous said...

Glad y'all enjoyed it. A good time was had by all.

No really.

We suffered only minor casualties on the homefront.

(Not even a puncture wound, Karen.)

Donna said...

Not these M&M's, Wade. The red ones (which normally contain red dye #40, which is cancer-causing in big rats like myself) were all removed and replaced with a more healthy version that were dyed with beet powder. So no worries. Thanks for your concern, though. I always know you've got my back on these types of things... ;)

-d

Carole Turner said...

I love Peanut M&M's.

Hey, go check out my recent post, you should enjoy it :-)

steffany said...

how awesome to have that time. i'm glad you had fun