Saturday, June 7, 2008

Isle Mujeres

We're back from our 10th anniversary celebration. We had an amazing time, but we're sooooo glad to be home. We missed the children tremendously!

Here's a few pictures from our trip:

This is the view from our hotel lobby. The little hut is the hotel's restaurant where we dined a few times.

This was down the road from our hotel. They had snorkeling and zip lines. We snorkeled off our hotel's pier (cuz this place cost $38 to snorkel) and we saw a sting ray, octopus, sea urchin, and lots and lots of beautiful fish.

Jimmy wore me out on our trip. The first day there we got on bikes and rode all the way to the other end of the island and back - ten miles round trip. All the other gringos rented golf carts, but Jimmy likes free bikes. :) The second day we went kayaking (way too far from shore for my comfort level) and my arms were so tired, Jimmy had to row us home. The third day we went snorkeling, which seems fairly innocuous, but for some reason I was very tired after we were finished. Probably because he kept pointing out sea creatures that could hurt me and I would swim away fast.

Thankfully we did a lot of my favorite thing to do, READ!

We saw many of these ugly things. I will state for the record that I will never move anywhere that has any of these lurking around.

We ate lunch one afternoon in town and these two guys appeared and starting playing their drums African-style and singing in Spanish. They sung a few songs and then asked very politely if anyone could spare any tips for them. I thought they were fabulous and gave them five dollars.

This is what Jimmy thought of them. He wanted to pay them to stop playing...

Heading to dinner on our last evening on the island.

The following pictures show part of the reason that Jimmy and I have such a wonderful marriage together - the guy makes me laugh all the time. Not just your regular 'ol laugh, but "my belly aches" kind of laugh. It makes the chaos that comes with raising six small children so much more fun!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, i seriously can't believe you gave the Swinging Dread Locks five dollars. I thought you said 5 pesos!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lovely time. That Clyde is indeed a side splitter.

Anonymous said...

You look beeyootiful in your in your new duds - glad you had fun!

Andrea

Carole Turner said...

Ya'll look so beachy and sun-kissed!

Lee Hargrove said...

That reptile is disgusting! Even the picture of it scares me! yuk! Y'all look really happy though.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Glad you guys were able to get away and have some time together.

Is that really Donna in that skirt? Love it. You look great.

Donna said...

I know! Me in a skirt! I actually love long skirts if they're "hippie" looking. My friend Andrea helped me shop in real stores in Boulder and I bought a few things for the trip. I definitely had buyer's remorse afterwards and thought about returning them, but Jimmy liked everything so I kept them.

I forgot to mention in the post that the first evening there we ate at a restaurant, and I went to use the bathroom, and after I tinkled I felt a little "bite" on my hiney, and a lizard was in the toilet trying to get out after I peed on him!! Yes, lovely....

Anonymous said...

Hee, hee...too funny! That would have scared me to death.

The skirt looked great!