Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Bagels


I decided to make whole wheat bagels tonight, and according to Jimmy, they're excellent! But I can't really trust Jimmy's taste buds right now as he's on this diet where he eats, like, two grams of turkey and a stalk of asparagus six times a day. So ANYTHING I've made lately that he takes one bite of to try, "SO GOOD! YOU COULD SELL THIS! I'M SERIOUS!" he says.

I'm on day three of a detox/fresh juice fast, so I haven't been taste-testing at all. I haven't done one since Owen was two, so it's a bit more difficult now that I have six mouths to cook for. And for some reason, even though I can only drink fresh juice, I've been wanting to bake like crazy - yesterday I made two batches of chocolate chocolate chip cookies for my neighbors, and today I made homemade chocolate chip granola bars and bagels. Jimmy is wondering why I'm torturing him so... :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, seriously. SERIOUSLY, you could sell those chocolate chip granola bars. I'm planning to quit my job now and spend your millions.

Anonymous said...

Why is Jimmy dieting? Has he put on a few? And who hasn't for that matter. I need to juice, too. Maybe you've inspired me. Or maybe not, but I'm thinking....

Donna said...

Yes, Jimmy is dieting. He wants to lose 20 pounds and so far he's lost 15. Yoo-hoo! No matter how healthfully I feed him, he still must exercise to keep his ideal weight, which he hasn't been doing. Since winter is over hopefully we'll all be hiking again as a family for exercise, (although it's snowing right now!)

Anonymous said...

Hey now, I've been skiing.

It's just that I haven't been skiing enough to offset the constant flow of homebaked goods through our kitchen.

As for dieting, I was down to 153 when I ran the marathon. That was 4 yrs ago and 25 lbs. I'd like to get within shouting distance of it again. Chocolate chip granola bars be darned....

Anonymous said...

You have been in the cold in less than 2 years and look at you.. you are now on detox and Jimmy is on a diet because his poor body is trying to survive and stay warm!!
Not good.