Friday, May 2, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

I had a fabulous birthday today! I'm not the type that makes a big deal on my own birthday (or others' birthdays, for that matter... :) or expects much, but I must say today was my best birthday yet! I got up at 6:00 a.m. when I heard the children, and Jimmy told me he was going to take care of them this morning, so I slept in till 7:45! Then as soon as I came out of our room they said Happy Birthday and presented me with some "cards" they had made. They got out the typing paper this morning and Owen wrote his own card for me, and Eli and Scout dictated to Daddy what they wanted their cards to say, and they were sooooo precious to me. I don't save much but I think I'll keep these.

Owen's card said: "Happy Birthday, Mommy! I love you sooooo much! Your a great Mommy! Bey. Love, Owen" (supposed to say bye) And in every O he put a smiley face.

Eli's 1st card said: "We hope you have a great birthday because this is your 2nd birthday in Colorado and we hope you love us for the rest of our lives. Eli."

Eli's 2nd card: "I love you very much and I'm glad you are my Mommy. I hope you and Daddy have a good time on your vacation even though I'm going to miss you. And I hope you love me a long time!"

Then he wrote a song for me: "I love you, Mommy, because it is her birthday today; I love you, Mommy, because she takes care of me; I know my love, it is so powerful. I know I love her to me!"

Scout's card: "Happy Birthday, Mommy! It is your 2nd Birthday in Colorado! And I hope you enjoy your birthday! Love, Scout."

Jimmy's card: "Honey, since I didn't make it to the store this week, this is your homemade birthday card. Happy Birthday! You're the best wife a guy could want and I can't wait for Mexico. I love you. Hubby."

I am soooooo blessed! So many kisses, so many hugs, and so many birthday cards. It just doesn't get much better than that.

After lunch I made chocolate chocolate chip cookies and blew out my candle! Of course I didn't get to taste my birthday cookies because I'm on a juice fast! Arrrggghhhh...

3 comments:

Carole Turner said...

Happy Birthday ,what are you, 29 now?

:-)

Eli's cards made me tear up.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I'm not a big birthday person either, but the simple gestures are the best.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! You ARE so blessed!