Sunday, August 10, 2008

Trout Fishing! (hey to Wade)

I took Owen, Eli, and Scout up to a lake on Saturday.

(This is Jimmy, btw. I thought about writing in 3rd person, but then I would have sounded like a bad Seinfeld episode.... "Jimmy likes fishing. Jimmy doesn't like misunderstandings!")

This lake is called Jefferson Lake and it sits at 10,750 ft elevation. Here's a pic:



Someone told me it was beautiful and not well known. He was half right. It was busy this Saturday.

But, we hiked around the edge of it until I, using my extra special fish-finder abilities (hey to Wade again), found the right spot.

Here are some pics.

Scout pulled off the feat of catching both the smallest and largest trout.

Smallest.... (I called this the Wade Special!)



Largest.... (you guessed it, the Jimmy Special!)



Owen actually got the action started by landing a couple of nice rainbow trout including this one:



Then Eli hauled in this beauty. I'm not sure what prompted him to go Gangsta Style on the cap, but I digress....



It was an all-around great day for everyone, including Donna who got to take a long nap on a rainy Saturday afternoon. She even went so far as to suggest I take the kids fishing every Saturday.

6 comments:

Carole Turner said...

your the best writer. Wish you wrote more.

That lake is beautiful. I love your kids and Donna, yes, let her nap every Saturday.

Wade Hinton said...

Mr. Clark,

I'd absolutely LOVE to be there with you.

However, past experience would certainly prove that you have the Jimmy Special and Wade Special reversed. Does "one to one" ring a bell?

Donna, Carole may appreciate Jimmy's writing more than yours, but I'd never diss you that way. Keep up the good work sister.

Peace!!

Anonymous said...

Peace, Wade? or Instigation...

Ok, your lake is a little bit prettier than our fishing spot, Kentwood, LA (hey to Brittany).

Wade Hinton said...

hehehe. Instigate? Me? Never!

JC said...

B-shank, no, "one to one" doesn't ring a bell. But, if there was a bell does it really matter as long as we both caught the same number of fish?

and didn't I own you when Pat and I came for the Ole Miss game? Don't get selective memory on me now!

oh, and get thee hairy shank up here and we can put this issue to rest. sed yes....

Wade Hinton said...

Selective memory is correct. I do believe only one fish was caught that ICY cold day and I think I caught it on a black/blue jig...