Sunday, August 31, 2008

The boys' hike

Donna mentioned that on Friday morning I left with our two oldest boys (Owen age 8 and Eli age 6) on an overnight hike/camping trip. We hiked 7 miles to camp overnight at a place called "Beartrack Lake."

Here's the trail me and the boys took as recorded by my GPS. Our trail path is shown in RED:



I marked our house location (bottom right), but we started at the "Trailhead: Rosalie/Tanglewood" marker (9300 ft) and crossed a ridge at 12,000 ft, and then proceeded on to the campsite which sat at about 11,200 ft.

Here's a 3-D view of the hiking trail, at least to the point where it disappears over the ridge. (Can you tell I'm digging this GPS thing?)



I can't believe the boys made it 14.25 miles roundtrip and without complaining (unlike Dad). Good job, guys!

1 comment:

Alison Kerr said...

I like the 3-D map picture. Hiking in the mountains; I LOVE it!