Monday, August 25, 2008

Ames High Get-Together

On Saturday I hosted a little reunion for classmates I graduated high school with in Ames, Iowa that now live in Colorado. Two of the classmates I actually have gone to school with since kindergarten! Six families were able to make it, and we had a great time reminiscing about old times and catching up. I just love my Iowa friends. It was such a pleasure to have them over. There's no false pretense and no trying to impress - everybody is as down to earth as can be.

Josh (the one in the hat) is just as hilarious and fun as he was in high school, and he decided that we should take "senior pictures" and pose in those wonderful poses they put you in. I never had senior pictures taken because my mom didn't have the money (I didn't really care anyway), so here was my chance! :)











8 comments:

JC said...

What would be interesting would be to see these pics next to the real HS pictures.

btw, I think Blair (the guy with the white hair) is enjoying it a little too much, eh?

Anonymous said...

how fun!

Brett Linder said...

Looks like fun. I recognize most, but identity would help. I really hope all is going well for everyone and can't wait till next summer to see ya'll at our big 'two owe' reunion in Ames. You guys are coming right? Pretty cool that you can get together in such a remote place and the fact that everyone has kept in touch is better yet. Take care!!

Carole Turner said...

Ok that is hilarious!!!

Donna said...

Brett Linder! Hey there! What in the world are you up to?

You can't name everyone?! I thought we all looked the same! :)

First is me, then Rod Harl, Jodi Rhinehart, Blair Greimann, Kim Carey, Josh Littrell, and Lori Schorpp.

I think we talked about the 20th next year and all of us will make it back.

So are you married, kids? What do you do for a living?

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. It's so good you got to see all of them. what a blessing! Makes me wonder what some of my gang is doing these days...

Brett Linder said...

Everyone does look the same.. Almost! :)
Married for 9 years and now divorced for the last 5. (a true blessing as we have a good relationship now and live 3 blocks a part with shared custody) 2 boys. Taylor will be 16 in a few months and is at the high school and his counselor is Allison Diblassi.(Bundy) Funny huh? And Toby is 10 and a 5th grader at my old elementary school, Sawyer. I have been in the family business since 94' (heating and cooling) and am preparing to send my dad off to retirement. Keeping my youth as a hockey coach for the previous 12 years and the last 3 at the high school level. Anything else?? Thats it, keep in touch, enjoy your 7 angels!!!
P.S. I about fell out of my chair when it was a confirmed Blair Greimann.

Donna said...

Oh my word, Brett - I cannot believe you have a SIXTEEN YEAR-OLD! Wow...

I was in Ames the first week of August and had a great time. You're blessed to still live there. I miss it a lot. Mostly Hickory Park. I ate there six times in nine days. :)

Take care...