Saturday, September 6, 2008

Random Post

I decided to post some "not well-known" facts about Jimmy and I just for fun.

Donna:

1. When I was in junior high I bought a duck with my friend Kristin, and when I brought it home and realized it wouldn't follow me around, Kristin and I popped back on our bikes (me on the handle bars) and rode back to the mall and left it in the women's bathroom.

2. On the Myers-Briggs personality test I scored one point short of a "perfect" introvert.

3. I always thought if I never married I'd head to Africa and work in an orphanage my whole life.

4. I read one to two books a week.

5. I'd like to get a shirt that says, "Please don't talk to me" and wear it when I'm out and about with my children. It really drains me to have to converse with all the people that approach us to find out "our story." (I know it's ugly - I'm just telling you how I feel! :)

6. I'd also like to get a t-shirt that says, "YES, they're all mine. YES, I know how children are made. NO, I'm not crazy. YES, I'm glad it's me and not you too!"

7. I was so paranoid about my skinny legs in high school that I wore sweats under my jeans to look fatter.

8. I'm very black and white about issues, to a fault. My husband has to frequently point out "the other side."

9. I didn't really know who the Beatles, Johnny Cash, nor Leonard Skinner were until I met Jimmy. (still not too sure who Leonard Skinner is)

10. My all-time favorite movie is Rocky.


Jimmy:

1. He used to steal things from neighbors' garages when he was in junior high.

2. He ran the Houston Marathon in 2004.

3. He remembers every score from every LSU game played in the last 20 years but can't remember to put dishes in the dishwasher instead of the sink. (I know he'll claim here that he's just "soaking them." :)

4. His stepmother thought he was going to be gay when he grew up because of his mannerisms when he was five.

5. His Papa made him throw MoonPie wrappers out the window on the way home from fishing excursions.

6. He wanted to name our first daughter Beulah.

7. He never buys himself clothes - I have to notice he needs new things and buy them.

8. All his closest friends think he's cheap when in actuality he's extremely generous with his moola.

9. He once tried dating three girls at one time (two of which were in the same small group Bible study). He didn't try it again.

10. His favorite movie is Cool Hand Luke (Luke is named after Paul Newman's character -Lucas Jackson)

11 comments:

Carole Turner said...

Not surprised by any of this information exept how many books you read a week, love that!

JC said...

Uh, for the record, I'm not a gay thug. And "dating" was the wrong term... "just hanging out" was the correct term.

11. When Donna is falling asleep watching a movie on the couch (which is pretty much a guarantee if there is a movie on and she is on the couch), her solution is to actually run to her bed. Personally, the running part would defeat the purpose of staying sleepy, but it seems to work for her.

Anonymous said...

I just love the reference to the all time classic band Leonard Skinner. He was great. Also, when I get the "do you know how babies are made?' comments, I say "no, would you please tell me?"

JC said...

That Leonard guy rocked. (Donna asked me to edit the post beforehand, but some things best convey the message when left in their original form.)

rg said...

This post made me smile for so many reasons. Kevin's favorite movie is also Cool Hand Luke and may or may not have been one of the reasons we named our little guy Luke. Star Wars is a close 2nd favorite movie.
Since you talked about Leonard, remind me to tell you my Jimi Hendrix story some day...

Greg B said...

Being cheap and generous are not mutually exclusive

Donna said...

So true, Greg. Thanks for pointing that out.

geo said...

Clydes, wassup?? This is Ted from Geo's email.....hey, isn't it Leonard Skinnerd or even Lynyrd Skynyrd?

And now for the big question: If Rocky were to fight Cool Hand Luke, who would win?

: )

Anonymous said...

I too would value a "yes, these are all mine and "yes" we are ALL related"
when you find one let me know. And kudos on the one to two books a week. I actully saw that Leonard Skinner guy once, doesn't he make pasta ?
love from NC

Wade Hinton said...

LOVE this post. I could add several things about Jimmy, but I'll only add a couple.

1. He's been known to cry like a little girl at weddings which makes me wonder a bit about whether his stepmother was correct.

2. Everybody gets killed in his second favorite movie.

3. He's a GREAT friend!

JC said...

Nice, Wade.

1. For the last time, I had something in my eye at Rhonda's wedding. It does happen, you know.

2. It's the premise of many a great Shakespeare tragedy. Look into it.

3. You, too!