Saturday, October 6, 2007

Pumpkin Patch and Estes Park

Today I was feeling a bit sorry for myself that I didn't get to go to the LSU v. Florida game with Jimmy. It's my favorite game to go to, and I think I'm a good luck charm with this match-up. I believe my presence at the game in 1997 was the reason LSU finally ended their losing streak against the Gators, beating them 28-21. (at least I got Jimmy to believe so, and he proposed a few months later...)

Anyway, I decided that the kids and I would drive to Longmont, Colorado and go to a pumpkin festival. We all had a great time, but the highlight of the trip for me was seeing Mrs. Rhinehart. She is the mother of a friend I've known since kindgergarten and graduated high school with named Jodi. I have such warm memories of times I spent at their home, and Mr. and Mrs. Rhinehart treating me with such incredible kindness and affection, I felt like I was one of their children. Think Ward and June Cleaver, but take it up a few notches.

I love Mrs. Rhinehart!

Eli takes these rides pretty seriously.




After the pumpkin festival we had lunch with Jodi and her family, and then we decided to head to Estes Park since it was only about 30 miles from where we were.


As we were driving through town we passed an elementary school, and we saw a big herd of elk! It was sooooo neat!

Looks like this bull lost one of his battles...

Most of the herd just hung out on this soccer field. We got within fifteen feet of them.

3 comments:

christner said...

I love the tye die shirts the kids have on-How amazing to run into someone so special from the past= Jimmy no doubt missed you and your good luck- Many Blessings. shirlie

Anonymous said...

oh lukie is not in them :(

Anonymous said...

i like the tye-dies!! did you do them yourself??? did good!
alicia